Jolly Joseph, Alice N C, Jeena Thomas
Jolly Joseph1, Alice N C2, Jeena Thomas3
1Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Thiruhrudaya College of Nursing, Kottayam, Kerala.
2Principal, Thiruhrudaya College of Nursing, Kottayam.
3Guest Lecturer, Department of Administration, Thiruhrudaya College of Nursing, Kottayam.
Volume - 2,
Issue - 3,
Year - 2023
The present study was aimed to assess the effect of structured teaching and demonstration on knowledge regarding Basic Life Support among higher secondary students in selected school of Kottayam. The objectives of the study were to assess the knowledge of higher Secondary students regarding Basic Life Support, determine the effect of structured teaching and demonstration programme on knowledge of higher secondary students regarding Basic Life Support and find the association between pretest knowledge of higher secondary students regarding Basic Life Support with selected socio-personnel variables. The study was conducted among 30 higher secondary students of M T Seminary Higher Secondary School, Kottayam. One group pre test and post test research design was used and subjects were selected by purposive sampling. The Socio-personal variables were used to assess the sample characteristics and structured knowledge questionnaire to assess the level of knowledge regarding Basic life Support. After the pre-test on the same day a structure teaching and demonstration was delivered and the post test was conducted on the seventh day using the same tools. The data was analyzed using descriptive and inferential statistics. The study revealed that the average pretest and post-test knowledge score was 11.4 and 20.9 respectively. The teaching programme was found to be effective in improving the knowledge (t = 13.69p< 0.05) regarding Basic Life Support. There was no significant association between pre-test knowledge of higher secondary students regarding Basic Life Support and socio personal variables. Hence the study concluded that the knowledge regarding Basic Life Support among higher Secondary students could be improved by structured teaching and demonstration.
Cite this article:
Jolly Joseph, Alice N C, Jeena Thomas. Effect of Structured Teaching and Demonstration on Knowledge regarding Basic Life Support among Higher Secondary Students. A and V Pub International Journal of Nursing and Medical Research. 2023; 2(3):85-9. doi: 10.52711/ijnmr.2023.20
Jolly Joseph, Alice N C, Jeena Thomas. Effect of Structured Teaching and Demonstration on Knowledge regarding Basic Life Support among Higher Secondary Students. A and V Pub International Journal of Nursing and Medical Research. 2023; 2(3):85-9. doi: 10.52711/ijnmr.2023.20 Available on: https://ijnmronline.com/AbstractView.aspx?PID=2023-2-3-5
1. Quotes of life, https://images.app.goo.gl/kpqN7
2. Available at https://wikipedia.com
3. Available at Taber, clerance WILDUR: Venes, Donald (2009) (Tabers Cyclopedia Medical Dictionan. F. A. Davscp.pp 1018- 1023
4. www.who.int/news-room/ factshoot/detail/cvds
5. Soman C R et..al, Journal of mortality and cvs morbidity and cvs morbidity in Kerala state of India.
6. AHA guidelines update for CPR & Emergency cardiovascular care (eu) ceegguidelines. heart org/circulation cpr-ecc-guidelines
7. www. Webmed.com, webMD Medical reference, reviewed by Janesbackerman, MD, FAC
8. www. Wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic life supports
9. Field J M et. al. Nov.2010. Part 1 Executive Summary, 2010 AHA guidelines CPR & ECE
10. Sarver Heart Centre ‘Frequently asked ques about chest compression only CPR, archived from the original on 2013-10-19.
11. Roshana S, Batajook, Piryani R, Basic Life Support, Knowledge and attitude of medical/ paramedical professionals, World J E Mary Med. 2012 : 3(2):141.
12. Chandrasekran S, Kumar S, Bhat S A, Awareness of Basic Life Support among medical, dental, nursing students and doctors. Indian J. Aneesh. 2010, 54(2): 121
13. www.wikipedia.org/heart& its function
14. Zabeer Hussain, Haquer Zeba. Awareness about BLS (CPR) among medical student status and requirements. Journal of the Pakisthan Medical Association. 59(1): 57-59
15. Choudhary P, A study to assess the effectiveness of structured teaching among nursing students regarding BLS in selected college of Nursing, Ludhiana, Punjab. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Science. 2018; 7(6).